Hosting: Sherrill, Tory, and Lisa
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative – Cash||355|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||547|
|April||Dining Out For Life||523|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||325|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion – Keep Families Together||510|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home||5645|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation||300|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation||200|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||900|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our October 14 gathering is at Lisa’s house, 8636 Mariposa St., Thornton. Lisa will recap Fall Feast as our program.
- Our October 28 gathering is at Debbie and Phil’s house, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora. We will share potluck, and Shelley McKittrick from the City of Aurora will be our speaker.
- Cole Chandler talked to us about the ongoing work of the Colorado Village Collaborative.
Joys and Concerns:
- Cheryl’s friend, Betty, and her daughter, Zora were visiting today.
- Donna Killen, a member of Evergreen Christian Church, passed away unexpectedly. Her memorial service is September 15 in Evergreen.
- South Broadway voted to become Open and Affirming!
- Cheryl’s neighbor Tom had to move to a care facility. His wife, Ann, and children need our prayers.
- Bob Crump-Bertram has been in the hospital for two weeks to treat an infection in his veins.
- Tory’s friend, Peggy, is undergoing a lumpectomy tomorrow.
- Cheryl’s friend, Pat, has decided to stop chemotherapy.
- Lisa and her dad had a great visit while he was here!
- Sherrill had a great trip to Grand Junction with Karen. They are both going to Albuquerque next month.
- Sherrill is struggling with the fact that she may have a brain injury as a result of her surgery. She is learning to manage some memory problems that aren’t going away.