|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||565|
|March||Ansar Food Pantry||351|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG Resource Center – food bank||335|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||335|
|July||Lutheran Social Services – kids packs||475|
|August||Courage Classic – to benefit Children’s Hospital||565|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation||150|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|October||Ansar Food Pantry|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|November||Women’s Homeless Initiative – South Broadway CC|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||900|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homeless Initiative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Cos and Kathi’s Alzheimers Walk Team raised $660!
- Sandra is hosting a meet & greet fundraiser for Debbie at Sandra’s house from 2:00-4:00 on October 7.
- Our October 8 gathering is at Sherrill’s house.
- Our October 22 gathering will be in Evergreen. We’ll be joining them for their blood drive, and we’ll share potluck.
- On November 18, we are co-hosting the Women’s Homeless Initiative along with three to four people from South Broadway Christian Church. It will be held at Corona Presbyterian Church on 8th and Downing. The plan is to cook at home for 30 women, bring food, serve, provide an activity option, and clean up. Lights out is at 8:00.
- Our November 19 gathering will be at Kim’s or Sherrill’s house.
- Denny shared the work she is doing with a grassroots Evergreen group who are discerning how to best meet the needs of the Evergreen community with regard to mental health and suicide.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill’s friend, Christine, had to euthanize her dog. She’s now grieving Carol’s death all over again. Sherrill is flying out to spend time with her.
- Sherrill will have her other knee replaced on November 20.
- Charles Norris from South Broadway CC is having heart health issues.
- Lisa canceled contract for one house and now has a contract for a different house.
- Prayers for South Broadway CC going forward.
- Doretta is functioning again.
- Kim asks for continued prayers for discernment.
- It was a joy to have two visitors today: Karen and Nancy.