|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||25|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||650|
|March||Aurora Warms the Night – Food Kits and Motel Vouchers||473|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||425|
|May||Dining Out For Life||343.73|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||175|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative||1180|
|September||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation||136|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|November||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|December||Aurora Warms the Night|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||900|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||7,733.03|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Advocacy for the Colorado Village Collaborative – https://pages.donately.com/coloradovillagecollaborative/campaign/moving-forward
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid
- September 22 – Sandra’s house, 15496 E. Louisiana Ave., Aurora. Potluck Sunday!
- October 13 – Sherrill’s house, 1601 Colorado Blvd, Denver.
- October 27 – Phil and Debbie’s house, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora. Potluck Sunday!
- November 10 –
- November 16 or 23 – Retreat
- November 24 –
- December 8 –
- December 22 – Phil and Debbie’s house, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora. Potluck Sunday!
- October 5 – Kirk of Bonnie Brae United Church of Christ is sponsoring a Building Bridges Skills Workshop facilitated by Better Angels.
- October 20 – Evergreen Christian Church is sponsoring a blood drive; their code B091.
- Nov 16 – Retreat – 10:00 – 5:00 at Sherrill’s Clubhouse. If weather is bad, Nov. 24 is Plan B.
- Today’s discussion was led by Cos and Sandra as they brought us the ideas from chapter 16, “Hope for All the Earth: A Sermon from Standing Rock,” and chapter 18, “Jesus Christ for President,” from Preaching as Resistance.
Joys and Concerns:
- Richard’s son-in-law is now in transition and seems more at peace as he enters the last days of his life.