Hosting: Debbie on ZOOM.us
|January||Marshall Fire Relief Support (Week of Compassion and Other)||825|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||115|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving/Total Deposits – (As of June 30)||2640|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 20 & 27)||700|
|March||Ukraine Humanitarian Support||2946|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 10 & 17)||525|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 28)||679|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 29 & June 5)||300|
|June||Gun Violence Prevention/Education||805|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above||500|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)||520|
|August||Disciples Mission Fund Giving Day||100|
|August||Aurora Public Schools’ Educator Emporium||325|
|September||Alzheimer’s Association (Walk Sept 17)||785|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 25 & October 2)|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|Max Dash Support for Janet and Gregory||100|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items||1753|
|Anti-Racism Support (As of June 30)||6460|
|COVID-19 Relief Support / Food Bank (As of June 30)||1510|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our September 17-18: Retreat at the Stone House at Mother Cabrini Shrine
- Down to Earth: Cultivating Ecojustice through Ecospiritual Practices
- Our September 25 Host: Debbie
- Our October 2 Host: Debbie
- Debbie led us in a discussion about the power of memories. She also led communion.
Joys and Concerns:
- Cheryl’s dad passed away peacefully on Friday evening. Cheryl is filled with gratitude for the love and support she has received from so many friends and family members.
- Richard’s daughter, Jeri, is celebrating the fact that she has remained cancer-free for ten years now! She asks for prayers concerning her high blood pressure and continued efforts to quit smoking.
- Jasmine passed her Praxis exam and can now do her student teaching!
- Cos took the family out to dinner to celebrate Olivia’s 9th birthday today.
- Sherrill is back home, but her apartment is still in disarray from the burst water pipe. Hopefully, now that she’s home, she’ll be able to get management to do the repairs in a timely manner.
- Judy is celebrating the fact that even though she had to cancel her cruise, the cruise company replaced it with two cruises!
- Judy asks for prayers Elizabeth who needs back and knee surgery, and for her caretaker, Jeannette.
- Remembering September 11 today, and all those who are grieving the loss of loved ones.
- Remembering Queen Elizabeth, the people of the Commonwealth, and King Charles.