Hosting: Richard on ZOOM.us
|January||Colorado Council of Churches||125|
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||425|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||420|
|March||COVID-19 Relief Support||12,773.60|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||275|
|April||Dining In for Life||650|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 31)||225|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative||882.27|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation||425|
|October||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|November||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||900|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$11,227.57|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our September 13 gathering will be hosted by Richard.
September 19 Regional Workshop with Rev. Allen Harris on Surviving a Global Pandemic. Register by emailing your RSVP to CRMROffice@crmrdoc.org.
- Our September 20 gathering will be hosted by Sandra.
- Our September 27 gathering will be hosted by Debbie.
- Our October 4 gathering will be hosted by Sherrill.
- Our October 11 gathering will be hosted by Cheryl.
- Our October 18 gathering will be hosted by Richard.
- Our October 25 gathering will be hosted by Debbie.
- Our November 1 gathering will be hosted by Cheryl.
- Sherrill led us in a discussion on how the church should handle conflict.
- We will begin a book study of Holy Chaos by Amanda Henderson on September 20. You may order a copy from Chalice Press, Amazon, or Barnes and Noble.
Joys and Concerns:
- Prayers for all those suffering with COVID-19, for their caregivers and healthcare workers, and for those who are feeling the strain of being isolated.
- Prayers for all those suffering the pain of injustice.
- Kathi’s brother, Larry, lost his cabin in the Cameron Peak Fire.
- Sharon Smith’s (book club member) mother has been diagnosed with cancer.
- Sherrill’s stepmother and stepsister both passed away.
- Lisa had a great visit with Lorraine.
- Tory asks for prayers for Cookie and Gail.