Hosting: Debbie on ZOOM.us
|January||Marshall Fire Relief Support (Week of Compassion and Other)||825|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||115|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving/Total Deposits – (As of June 30)||2640|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 20 & 27)||700|
|March||Ukraine Humanitarian Support||2946|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 10 & 17)||525|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 28)||679|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 29 & June 5)||300|
|June||Gun Violence Prevention/Education||880|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above||500|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)||520|
|August||Disciples Mission Fund Giving Day||100|
|August||Aurora Public Schools’ Educator Emporium||325|
|September||Alzheimer’s Association (Walk Sept 17)||820|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 25 & October 2)||435|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|Max Dash Support for Janet and Gregory||100|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items||1753|
|Anti-Racism Support (As of June 30)||6760|
|COVID-19 Relief Support / Food Bank (As of June 30)||1510|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- October 23 Host: Debbie – Breakout groups
- October 30 Host: Debbie – Presentations?
- November 6 Host: Debbie
- November 13 Host: Debbie
- November 20 Host: Debbie
- November 27, 1st Sunday of Advent
- December 4, 2nd Sunday of Advent
- December 11, 3rd Sunday of Advent
- December 18, 4th Sunday of Advent
- December 25 – Merry Christmas!
- As we were small enough today to be our own breakout room, we talked about focusing on sustainable production and consumption of everything – but especially food. We’d like to explore a three-pronged approach: local (individually), regional (neighborhood/CRMR churches), and global (offering to Nature Conservancy or World Wildlife Fund, for example). We’d like to start by learning more ourselves, then offering workshops, programs, or events to a broader audience to spread the word. We are also interested in becoming a Green Chalice Ministry/Certified Congregation and potentially offering a resolution for the next General Assembly through the Disciples Covenant Project. This focus on food intersects all the critical issues for Creation Care: conservation, decarbonization, sustainable living, and values.
Joys and Concerns:
- Debbie and Phil had a wonderful, relaxing vacation, and Phil got two new lifetime bird species.
- Cheryl was the officiant for Kaye Murphey’s memorial service. She was pleased to see the family being harmonious with one another.
- Claire has an MRI in a week and a half. Hopefully, they will be able to fix her shunt without surgery.
- Tory is having some pain due to her lymphedema and is struggling to stay awake.
- Lisa completed the Leadership Academy online last week. The last day was especially great.
- Ann’s brother, Tim, will receive a pacemaker in the coming days.
- Richard didn’t sleep well at all last night and went to take a nap after joys and concerns.
- We missed Judy, Sandra, Sherrill, Max, and Janet today.