Hosting: Cheryl and Doretta
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||565|
|March||Ansar Food Pantry||351|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG Resource Center – food bank||335|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||335|
|July||Lutheran Social Services – kids packs||475|
|August||Courage Classic – to benefit Children’s Hospital||565|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation||150|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner||XX|
|October||Ansar Food Pantry||XX|
|November||Women’s Homeless Initiative – South Broadway CC||XX|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||1100|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homeless Initiative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- On November 18, we are co-hosting the Women’s Homeless Initiative along with three to four people from South Broadway Christian Church. It will be held at Corona Presbyterian Church on 8th and Downing. The plan is to cook at home for 30 women, bring food at 5:00, serve, provide an activity option, and clean up. Lights out is at 8:00. Cheryl and Doretta will bring a few board games.
- Our November 19 gathering will be at Kim’s house, 9643 Timber Hawk Circle, #13, Highlands Ranch, 80126. We will share potluck.
- Our December 3 gathering will be at Sherrill’s house.
- Our December 17 gathering will be at Phil and Debbie’s house. We will share potluck and celebrate Advent.
- We discussed the possibility of more involvement with the Tiny Homes project. Possible activities might be to become advocates for Tiny Homes to stay in one location, providing meals to Tiny Homes residents, and providing lawn and snow removal supplies. It costs approximately $700 for one Tiny Home. Cheryl will forward email regarding more details.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill’s knee surgery will be Nov. 20 at Medical Center of Aurora.
- Debbie was elected to the Board of Education for Aurora Public Schools. The swearing in and reception is on November 28 beginning at 5:30 at the APS Professional Learning and Conference Center, 15771 E. 1st
- Richard celebrates 65 years of ordination on November 14!
- Kim had a good trip to Kentucky and is now discerning her call.
- Grace is actively looking for a high school for next year.
- Tory asks prayer for Sherrill and Cookie.