Hosting: Sherrill and Lisa
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||25|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||650|
|March||Aurora Warms the Night – Food Kits and Motel Vouchers||473|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||425|
|May||Dining Out For Life||343.73|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||175|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative||1180|
|September||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation||236|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation||225|
|November||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|December||Aurora Warms the Night|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||1100|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||7,733.03|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Advocacy for the Colorado Village Collaborative – https://pages.donately.com/coloradovillagecollaborative/campaign/moving-forward
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid
- November 16 – Retreat, Sherrill’s house, 1601 Colorado Blvd, Denver.
- December 8 – Sherrill’s house, 1601 Colorado Blvd, Denver.
- December 22 – Phil and Debbie’s house, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora. Potluck Sunday!
- Nov 16 – Fireside Retreat – 9:00 – 5:00 at Sherrill’s community room. Debbie will bring the Keurig for hot beverages. Richard is providing pizza for lunch (Debbie will order it). Sandra is bringing a salad. Everybody brings snacks to share.
- Today, we discussed “There’s Nothing New Under the Sun,” a sermon in Preaching For Resistance.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill’s cousin is recovering from surgery. He’s doing well, but they did not have health insurance, which is a concern.
- Sherrill’s great niece, Ember, and Ember’s mother, Kira, need prayers as they reunite following several months of separation.
- Sherrill’s art show was a joy.
- Lisa’s son, Tom, had testicular cancer. Surgery went well, and he will have follow-up appointments to evaluate the need for further treatment, including radiation.
- Lisa’s roommate has asked to stay longer. Prayers for her to find a job after her student teaching is completed.
- Tory is hoping Cookie is well enough to come to Denver for her birthday party.