|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG – clothing and food bank|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||500|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- CHARG – items for clothing and their food bank
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our May 21 gathering is at Phil and Debbie’s house. We will share potluck.
- In May, Sherrill will lead a discussion of Blessed are the Crazy – Breaking the Silence About Mental Illness, Family and Church by Sarah Griffith Lund. If you have additional resources, please bring them.
- We talked very personally about the first four chapters of Blessed are the Crazy, noting that author Sarah Lund writes beautifully and powerfully about her experience.
Joys and Concerns:
- Doretta is flying home from Mexico today.
- Doretta’s Aunt Vivian is in the hospital with pneumonia.
- Beth and Lora will be away this month, taking time and space for self care.
- Sherrill’s nephew, Quinton, now hears in the normal range following surgery.
- Bonita’s co-worker’s husband had a fatal heart attack at his son’s soccer game.
- South Broadway’s Open & Affirming process is moving forward and gong well.
- Lorraine has now moved safely to Emporia, Kansas.
- For the Senate as they continue work on a health care bill.
- Evergreen CC is beginning to have meaningful conversation around their passion and mission, which is suicide prevention.