Hosting: Sherrill / Richard on ZOOM.us
|January||Marshall Fire Relief Support (Week of Compassion and Other)||825|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||15|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving/Total Deposits – (As of June 30)|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 20 & 27)||700|
|March||Ukraine Humanitarian Support||2946|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 10 & 17)||475|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 28)||503|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 29 & June 5)||100|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)|
|September||Alzheimer’s Association (Walk Sept 17)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 25 & October 2)|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|Anti-Racism Support (As of June 30)|
|COVID-19 Relief Support (As of June 30)||250|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our June 5 Host: Sherrill (chapter 3) // Communion: Sherrill
- Our June 12 Host: Sherrill (chapter 4) // Communion: Sherrill
- Our June 19 Host: Cheryl (chapter 5) // Communion: Cheryl
- Our June 26 Host: Cheryl (chapter 6) // Communion: Cheryl
- September 17-18: Retreat at the Stone House at Mother Cabrini Shrine
- Sherrill led our discussion on chapter 1 of Faith After Doubt by Brian McLaren.
- Richard led our discussion of chapter 2 of Faith After Doubt by Brian McLaren.
Joys and Concerns:
- Cheryl’s mother passed away on Tuesday, May 17th. Cheryl made it home from her visit with family for Aiden’s graduation the day before and was able to be with her dad shortly thereafter. A memorial service will be planned for a later date.
- Cheryl traveled to Utah where she worshiped in her childhood congregation, Granger Christian Church, and visited with friends and family. Her friend, Carolyn, contracted COVID, so she stayed with her friend, Candy, instead. She’s traveling back to Denver on Tuesday.
- Cheryl just celebrated 40 years of ordained ministry!
- Cheryl’s dad fell twice this week and is suffering from disorientation and grief.
- It was great to have Margaret Nourse visiting with us today!
- Ann’s son, Phil, is sick with COVID, but their joy: Phil received a preaching award from Phillips.
- Sherrill is happy to be preaching on June 19 at Messiah Lutheran Church.
- Karen’s dad was just diagnosed with Alzheimer’s.
- Judy’s brother, Jim, has surgery scheduled next week to combat prostate cancer. Although the cancer has not metastasized, there is a node that is affected.
- Janet joined the Threshold Choir, which sings to people who are dying. This is giving her comfort especially as her companion, Gregory, fights pancreatic cancer.
- Cookie’s aneurism is stable – very good news!
- Max is thankful his friend is now employed after coming so close to being homeless.
- Prayers for the families and friends of those who died in the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.