Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG Resource Center – food bank||335|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||500|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- CHARG – items for their clothing and food banks
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our June 11 gathering is at Sandra’s house. We will Skype with Sarah Lund, author of Blessed are the Crazy. We will also determine our giving opportunities for the remainder of the year.
- Our June 25 gathering is at Cos and Kathi’s house. We will share potluck.
- Our Costco shopping trip for CHARG will be Tuesday, May 30. Our designated shoppers are Kathi, Cheryl, and Debbie, but all are welcome. If you’d like to join the crew, meet at Kathi’s house at 10:00.
- Sherrill led our closing discussion of Blessed are the Crazy.
Joys and Concerns:
- Kathi’s sister is recovering from knee replacement surgery. She got out of the house today!
- Tory’s sister, Cookie, will have heart, bypass surgery in the near future.
- Richard’s daughter, Diana, will have surgery to repair a tear in her knee.
- Kristin’s stepmother fell and broke her hip. She has Parkinson’s, which may complicate her recovery.
- Sherrill is having a difficult time lately managing her bipolar.