|January||Colorado Council of Churches||125|
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||425|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||320|
|March||COVID-19 Relief Support||7732.60|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||275|
|April||Dining In for Life||650|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 31)|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative||100|
|September||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|November||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||500|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$11,127.57|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- May 13 Social gathering – 6:00 on Zoom.
- Our May 17 Zoom gathering leader is Cheryl.
- Our May 24 Zoom gathering leader is Richard.
- Our May 31 Zoom gathering leader is Sherrill.
- Debbie led us in a discussion of John 14:1-14.
- Ideas for Hands-On Service
- Write letters to first responders, healthcare workers, teachers.
- Make gift bags for neighbors.
- Make cloth masks.
- Create connections through Zoom, phone calls, games, movies.
- Deliver meals to emergency rooms.
- Deliver meals for Project Angel Heart.
- Check in on neighbors, put signs in their yards, signs on their doors, make little gifts.
- Prepare taxes or provide computer access for those who need it.
Joys and Concerns:
- Prayers for all those suffering with COVID-19, for their caregivers and healthcare workers, and for those who are feeling the strain of being isolated.
- Happy Mother’s Day to all the mothers!
- Tory’s sister, Cookie, will be undergoing a heart procedure.
- Sherrill’s friend is buying a house!
- Ellen and family are planting a vegetable garden!
- Cheryl’s parents are doing well. Her dad’s wounds are healing.
- Aiden and Olivia are graduating from Clarke University.
- Teri Baird’s husband passed away.