Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||300|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Ansar Food Pantry
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people. This includes Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- In May, Sherrill will lead a discussion of Blessed are the Crazy – Breaking the Silence About Mental Illness, Family and Church by Sarah Griffith Lund and Donald Capps. Sherrill will order the books.
- The musical duo of Stephanie and Luke will be at Evergreen Christian Church on April 8 to provide a benefit concert for the Tennyson Center.
- Our April 9 gathering is at Cheryl and Doretta’s house.
- Our April 23 gathering will be the Installation Service for Regional Minister Joan Bell-Haynes at 3:00 at First Christian Church in Loveland.
- Our May 7 gathering is at Sandra’s house.
- Our May 21 gathering is at Phil and Debbie’s house. We will share potluck.
- As part of our continuing discernment process around immigration and undocumented persons and our response to these concerns, we watched and discussed the video “The Stranger,” produced by the Evangelical Immigration Table.
Joys and Concerns:
- Cheryl and Doretta are going to California to visit former neighbors, Patrick, Megan and Carson and to meet new addition to the family, Harper (Carson’s baby sister.)
- Cheryl’s cousin is visiting right now!
- Joan Bell-Haynes has a place to live!
- Lora and Beth went to Puerto Rico for Beth’s birth sister’s wedding!
- Debbie and Phil had all five of their grandchildren here together, as well as Sarah!
- Denny’s friend, Deirdre passed away this week. She leaves a husband and three sons.
- Denny had a great week with her sweetie, Bonita!