Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind (ongoing)||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative (ongoing)||345|
|March||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||547|
|May||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|July||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|September||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||300|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homelessness Initiative, January 20, March 17, May 19, July 21, September 15, November 17
- Colorado Village Collaborative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Cheryl and Debbie will meet with Dustin Adkins of South Broadway Christian Church to discuss possible partnerships regarding peace and justice ministries.
- Lisa proposed that Fireside take over the responsibilities of the Women’s Homelessness Initiative; however, it was decided that we do not have the capacity to do this.
- Our April 8 gathering will at South Broadway with Lisa hosting.
- Our April 22 gathering will be at Cos and Kathi’s house.
- Our May 6 gathering will be at Sherrill’s house.
- Our May 20 gathering will be at Phil and Debbie’s house.
- We used a modified Lectio Divina practice to read the Palm Sunday scripture, Mark 11:1-11.
Joys and Concerns:
- For Doretta and Cheryl as Doretta moves home and enters hospice care.
- Sandra’s brother, Rocky, passed away on Wednesday.
- Lisa is looking forward to family time with her children, Tom, Lucy, and Natalie, as they celebrate the life of Lisa’s late husband over the weekend of May 18-20.
- Sherrill had a very scary time this week as she choked on a piece of meet.
- Sherrill’s book is going to the printer soon!
- Richard’s friend, Bill, had a very bad fall recently. Though his outer body is recovering well, recovering from the concussion will take much longer. He is also struggling some emotionally.
- Phil’s little buddy, Bailey, joined us today.
- For Evergreen Christian Church and for Denny as the congregation talks about what lies ahead.