|January||Colorado Council of Churches||125|
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||425|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||320|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter|
|May||Dining Out For Life|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative||100|
|September||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|November||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||300|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$11,127.57|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Advocacy for the Colorado Village Collaborative – https://pages.donately.com/coloradovillagecollaborative/campaign/moving-forward
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid
- March 8 – Debbie and Phil hosting
- March 22 – Zoom.us
- April 19 – Zoom.us
- May 3 – Sherrill hosting or Zoom.us
- May 17 – Debbie and Phil hosting – sharing potluck or Zoom.us
- Psalm 23
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill’s great niece, Ember, is out of the coma and showing signs of critical thought.
- Richard’s daughter, Jeri, lost her mother-in-law this week.
- Brycen’s friend lost his father this week; it is unknown if this is related to COVID-19.
- Prayers for all those affected by COVID-19, both the health aspects and the economic aspects of it.
- Cheryl and Sondra are exploring ways to close out their ministry at Evergreen, which is particularly difficult now during the COVID-19 crisis, as not all members have access to email or Internet.
- Cheryl’s parents have a new caregiver who starts this week.
- The Champaigns’ exchange student is considering returning to China, which is what she’s been directed to do.
- Adler is learning new words every day and brings Alice great joy.
- Adam reminded everyone to take care of the Earth.
- Students and teachers across the country are facing the challenges of remote learning.