Hosting: Kathi and Cos
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||300|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion
- In May, Sherrill will lead a discussion of Blessed are the Crazy – Breaking the Silence About Mental Illness, Family and Church by Sarah Griffith Lund and Donald Capps. Sherrill will order the books.
- The musical duo of Stephanie and Luke will be at Evergreen Christian Church on April 8 to provide a benefit concert for the Tennyson Center.
- We will look for a time to see the movie I Am Not Your Negro Cheryl will send email with suggested dates/times.
- Sherrill is sponsoring a food drive celebrating the Women’s Day of Service benefiting the Ansar Pantry on East Colfax. She will be collecting food Thursday, Friday and Saturday, March 23-25
- The Installation of Joan Bell-Haynes as regional minister will be April 23 at 3pm at First Christian Church in Loveland.
- Fireside will meet at Cosgroves on the 16th of April.
- Easter pot luck!!
- We discussed the new Mission First goal – to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable – We reviewed our list from last time and each provided our top 3 concerns to address. It was a wonderful discussion and our priorities set for our upcoming work are:
- Finding ways to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- Addressing issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- Working for Human Rights for all people. This includes Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- We remain committed to the poor, hungry, homeless, people with mental health issues, uneducated, and weak and afraid.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill’s sister just had a successful knee replacement.
- Debbie and Phil had a spectacular bird viewing experience.
- Lorraine Bailey has been called to serve First Christian Church in Emporia, Kansas and will start in April.
- It was a joy to have Denny Whiteside with us. She is the current minister at Evergreen Christian Church.
- Denny’s friend had a post partum heart attack and is on life support. She has 3 children.
- Cheryl and Doretta will be going to California to visit former neighbors, Patrick, Megan and Carson and to meet new addition to the family, Harper (Carson’s baby sister.)