Hosting: Sherrill and Lisa
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind (ongoing)||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative (ongoing)||345|
|March||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter|
|May||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|July||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|September||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||300|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homelessness Initiative, January 20, March 17, May 19, July 21, September 15, November 17
- Colorado Village Collaborative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Cheryl and Debbie will meet with Dustin Adkins of South Broadway Christian Church to discuss possible partnerships regarding peace and justice ministries.
- Lisa proposed that Fireside take over the responsibilities of the Women’s Homelessness Initiative. Do we have the capacity to do this?
- Easter offering will be March 25. Make checks out to Disciples Mission Fund.
- Our March 25 gathering will be at Phil and Debbie’s house.
- Our April 8 gathering will at Sandra’s house.
- Our April 22 gathering will be at Cos and Kathi’s house.
- Our May 6 gathering will be at Sherrill’s house.
- Our May 20 gathering will be at Phil and Debbie’s house.
- We talked about the importance of being authentic, especially being authentic in matters of faith.
- Rather than trying to discuss Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City as we go through the book, we decided to finish it, and then discuss it. With that in mind, we will set April 8 as the target date for completing our reading and beginning our discussion.
Joys and Concerns:
- Debbie and Phil are looking forward to a visit from Sarah and the grandchildren this week.
- Debbie and Phil will be having a new grandson!
- For Doretta and Cheryl
- Heather’s cousin, Liam, has been hospitalized with pneumonia. He should be coming home tomorrow. Her cousin, Lincoln, has suffered with infections in both ears.
- For Bruce
- For Cookie
- Karen’s dad no longer needs a walker. Now there are concerns that he has the beginning signs of Parkinson’s and dementia.
- Sherrill’s memory issues are getting a little better. Her blurry vision will take another six weeks to go away. Now she has to see a surgeon for a cervical spinal stenosis, but may be able to treat it with physical therapy rather than surgery.