|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||650|
|March||Aurora Warms the Night – Food Kits|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter|
|May||Dining Out For Life|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|December||Aurora Warms the Night|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||300|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||7,733.03|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Advocacy for the Colorado Village Collaborative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid
- Our March 24 gathering is at the Phil and Debbie’s home, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora. We will share potluck. Regional Minister Joan Bell-Haynes will join us.
- Our April 14 gathering is at Sherrill’s house, 1601 Colorado Blvd., Denver. Sandra will be back up.
- We discussed “Everything Must Change” from Preaching as Resistance.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill’s surgery went well. She will be recovering at University of Colorado Hospital for a few days. She may be released to rehab. More details to follow.
- Evergreen Christian Church is beginning the Open and Affirming discernment study process today.
- Lisa’s uncle passed away; prayers for her aunt during this time.
- Jodi-Beth is staying with the Cosgroves for a few days.
- Kathi’s brother-in-law is going to physical therapy and is returning to work for a few meetings.
- Prayers for Philly B and family as they grieve the death of Philly’s brother.