Hosting: Kathi and Cos
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG Resource Center – food bank||335|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||335|
|July||Lutheran Social Services – kids packs|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||600|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- CHARG – items for their clothing and food banks
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our July 9 gathering is at Phil and Debbie’s home, 671 Olathe Way in Aurora.
- We took the stewardship opportunities that we discerned and designated the months in which we would collect an offering for them. We will also determine the best ways we can provide hands on mission: Debbie will contact Lutheran Social Services regarding school supplies for refugee children; Cheryl will contact Lisa and South Broadway regarding meals for the homeless women project; Doretta will contact Amanda Henderson regarding the Tiny Homes project. This also leaves openings for additional giving opportunities as needs arise.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill is having knee replacement surgery in August and will need a visitor to check in with her daily following surgery. A sign up calendar is available.
- Tory’s sister, Cookie, will have open-heart surgery this week.
- Robert Philpot’s wife, Lola, passed away.
- Tracey and family will be coming for a visit from Alaska.
- Doretta will be doing occasional childcare for Julie Murphey’s 8-month-old grandson, Jackson.
- Doretta will have some lesions frozen in her eye this week. She will have functional surgery on July 25 to lift her eyelids.
- Sherrill relayed the message that Bruce will be taking a break from Fireside for a while; being in groups is becoming quite stressful. Although he feels lonely, he believes that this is the best self-care action he can take at this time. Prayers are requested.
- Debbie will have cataract surgery on Thursday and again in August.
- Kim got the good word that she does not have cancer!
- Kim’s trip back to Iowa with her family went very well.
- Sherrill leaves for Chicago for the Writer’s Convention in eight days.
- Cheryl’s Facebook friend died recently. Although she knew her onliny “virtually,” she felt like she knew her well. Please keep the Gray family in your prayers.
- Kim has two interviews coming up for spiritual direction positions.