Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind (ongoing)||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative – Cash (ongoing)||355|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||547|
|April||Dining Out For Life||523|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||325|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion – Keep Families Together||510|
|July||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|September||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||600|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homelessness Initiative, January 20, March 17, May 19, July 21, September 15, November 17
- Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Doretta’s memorial service will be at 11:00 on Saturday, July 7, at South Broadway Christian Church.
- We have surpassed our original goal to Build Doretta’s Tiny Home in conjunction with the Colorado Village Collaborative. We have now raised $27,592 and have extended our goal to $33,000 to supply the building materials for one more Tiny Home in Doretta’s honor.
- Our July 8 gathering will be at _____.
- We Really DO Care. Reflections on the current immigration crisis.
Joys and Concerns:
- Our dear Doretta passed away on June 18. Her memorial service will be at 11:00 on Saturday, July 7, at South Broadway Christian Church in Denver. Prayers for comfort and peace for our dear Cheryl.
- Kathi and Cos are in North Platte visiting Kathi’s Aunt Shirley who had a heart attack.
- Deni and Bonita are leaving Evergreen on Monday. They will vacation in Maine, to which they plan to retire after Bonita finishes one more school year in Ohio.
- Karen’s dad’s health is causing some stress.
- Karen and Sherrill are leaving on Tuesday for a writer’s conference and book launch.
- Sherrill will have a book signing at Tattered Cover on August 2.
- Prayers for Central Christian Church.