Hosting: Sandra on ZOOM.us
|January||Colorado Council of Churches||125|
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||425|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||320|
|March||COVID-19 Relief Support||9035.60|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||275|
|April||Dining In for Life||650|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 31)||225|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative||100|
|September||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|November||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||600|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$11,127.57|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Social is June 17 at 6:00.
- Our June 21 gathering is participation in the Poor People’s March online. Debbie will send the link.
- Our June 28 gathering leader – TBA
- Sandra led our discussion on “75 Things White People Can Do for Racial Justice.”
Joys and Concerns:
- Prayers for all those suffering with COVID-19, for their caregivers and healthcare workers, and for those who are feeling the strain of being isolated.
- Prayers for all those suffering from injustice and those protesting for Black Lives Matter.
- The Cosgroves’ neighbor’s camper caught on fire and damaged the Cosgroves’ house. Everyone is safe and sound!
- Cases of coronavirus are spiking in Arizona. ICU beds are scarce, and nurses have been previously deployed out of state.
- Cheryl’s friend’s friend passed away from COVID-19. Others are sick with the virus.
- Lisa’s grandmother and uncle are recovering from illnesses unrelated to COVID, but they are both frail, which causes great concern.
- Tory’s friend, Gail, is undergoing chemotherapy for breast cancer.
- Cheryl’s parents’ caregivers are working out so far!