Hosting: Sherrill on ZOOM.us
|January||Marshall Fire Relief Support (Week of Compassion and Other)||825|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||15|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving/Total Deposits – (As of June 30)||2640|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 20 & 27)||600|
|March||Ukraine Humanitarian Support||2946|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 10 & 17)||525|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 28)||679|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 29 & June 5)||300|
|June||Gun Violence Prevention/Education||755|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)||420|
|September||Alzheimer’s Association (Walk Sept 17)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 25 & October 2)|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items||225|
|Anti-Racism Support (As of June 30)||460|
|COVID-19 Relief Support / Food Bank (As of June 30)||1310|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our June 12 Host: Sherrill (chapter 4) // Communion: Sherrill
- Our June 19 Host: Cheryl (chapter 5) // Communion: Cheryl
- Our June 26 Host: Cheryl (chapter 6) // Communion: Cheryl
- Our July 3 Host: Lisa (chapter 7) // Communion: Sherrill
- September 17-18: Retreat at the Stone House at Mother Cabrini Shrine
- Sherrill led us in our discussion of Doubt as Doorway.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill enjoyed phone banking this week to connect voters with their representatives.
- Today is the anniversary of the Pulse Night Club massacre.
- Aiden and Olivia have an apartment in Homer now. Cheryl is watching them getting settled.
- Cheryl’s dad had a rough week. Sadly, he is deeply grieving and is calling out for Cheryl. Of course, this is very hard for Cheryl, too.
- Janet is participating in a series of guided meditations this week, hoping to find some relief from sorrow.
- Cos has a fever and cough and will take a COVID test Monday.
- Phil M. is on Day 14 of COVID, feeling better but still very tired.
- Alice and Philly B also have COVID. So far Adler is negative.