|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG Resource Center – food bank||335|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||335|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||600|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- CHARG – items for their clothing and food banks
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our June 25 gathering is at Cos and Kathi’s house. We will share potluck.
- The shopping team bought tuna, macaroni and cheese, rice bowls, black beans, and chili for CHARG. Cheryl delivered it all with the friendly help of CHARG clients who were there at the time.
- Skyping with Sarah Lund, author of Blessed are the Crazy.
Joys and Concerns:
- It’s a joy to have Kim Zarley visiting with us today.
- Robert Philpot’s wife, Lola, is seriously ill.
- Kim is heading back to Iowa for a friend’s memorial service and to be with her family as they close on her childhood home. Prayers are requested that the siblings are united well.
- Kim is having a medical procedure done this week.
- South Broadway’s minister, Laurie Lewis, resigned this week. She will be serving a church in Kansas.
- Sherrill is feeling better after a medication adjustment.
- Alice and Philly B are getting married next week!
- Bill Bowles and his wife are moving to Kansas Christian Home.
- Reggie Chapman, pastor at Lakewood Christian Church, is having medical problems concerning his vocal chords.
- Evergreen Christian Church hosted an appreciation BBQ for first responders. They are also entered in the Rodeo Parade!