Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG Resource Center – food bank||335|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||335|
|July||Lutheran Social Services – kids packs|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|September||Homeless Women’s Initiative – South Broadway CC|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||700|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- LGBTQ+ Alliance
- Lutheran Social Services – Backpacks for Refugee and Immigrant Children
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our July 23 gathering is at Sherrill’s home, 1601 Colorado Blvd., in Denver. We will stuff backpacks.
- Our August 13 gathering is at Cheryl and Doretta’s home, 65 W. Cedar, in Denver.
- August 27, TBD
- Our September 10 gathering is at Sherrill’s home, 1601 Colorado Blvd., in Denver.
- Debbie led a discussion of the lectionary selection for the day from Matthew 11.
Joys and Concerns:
- It was a joy to have visitors with us today – Glen and Lynn Smith from Colorado Springs.
- Sherrill had a great time at her writing conference. She got a request for her full manuscript!
- Sherrill is having knee replacement surgery in August and will need a visitor to check in with her daily following surgery. A sign up calendar is available.
- Tory’s sister, Cookie, had open-heart surgery and is recovering well. She’ll be able to drive in two weeks!
- Doretta will have functional eye surgery on July 25.
- Doretta’s granddaughter, Sara, moved into her own home!
- The memorial service for Lola Philpot went very well. Continued prayers for the family are requested.
- Dorothy Bowles passed away the day following her 91st birthday.
- Debbie is running for APS school board.
- Cheryl’s friend, Carol, who recently broke her hip, has been diagnosed with Parkinson’s.