Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative – Cash||355|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||547|
|April||Dining Out For Life||523|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||325|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion – Keep Families Together||510|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||700|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Mark Johnston is recruiting members from each O&A church in the Central Rocky Mountain Region to serve on a CRMR committee to guide the work of O&A churches in supporting other churches in becoming O&A. Let Debbie know if you’d like to represent Fireside on the committee, which will meet approximately once a month via Google Hangout. Additionally, LGBTQ+ Alliance will have a table at Fall Feast in Casper.
- Our July 22 gathering will be at Sandra’s house, 15496 E. Louisiana Ave., in Aurora. We will share potluck.
- Our August 12 gathering will be at Cos and Kathi’s house, 10492 Carlile St., in Northglenn.
- Our August 26 gathering will be at Phil and Debbie’s house, 671 Olathe Way, in Aurora. We will share potluck.
- Ezekiel 2:1-5. Be a Prophet – Listen Up, Speak Up, Show Up.
Joys and Concerns:
- Prayers for Cheryl – and for Doretta’s family.
- Lisa has resigned her ministry and membership at South Broadway and is placing her membership with Fireside fulltime. And she got a fulltime job!
- Lisa is happy that Sora slept in her own bed!
- Lisa is having a lot of pain from plantar fasciitis. She’s hoping to try a new treatment soon.
- Alice is full term and very ready for Adler to make his appearance!
- Phil and Debbie’s 1-week-old nephew, Nolan, is in the newborn ICU. He’s been diagnosed with Hirschsprung’s Disease and will have surgery this week to repair his intestine.
- Kathi’s aunt is recovering well from her heart attack. Cos and Kathi had a good time on their visit.
- Tory reports that Sherrill’s book reading went very well! Sherrill will have a book signing in the near future!