Hosting: Phil and Debbie
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||25|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||650|
|March||Aurora Warms the Night – Food Kits and Motel Vouchers||473|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||425|
|May||Dining Out For Life||343.73|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||175|
|June||Colorado Village Collaborative|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|December||Aurora Warms the Night|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||700|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||7,733.03|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Advocacy for the Colorado Village Collaborative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid
- Our August 11 gathering is at Sandra’s house, 15496 E. Louisiana Ave., Aurora, 80017.
- Our August 28 gathering is at Cheryl’s house, 65 W. Cedar, Denver. We will share potluck.
- Today’s discussion was chapter 10, “Overcome Evil with Good,” from Preaching as Resistance.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill has a sprained neck as a result of a fall she took during her recent conference.
- It was a joy to have Kathi, Cos, Bryson, and Olivia with us this afternoon.
- Tisa Anders’ husband passed away this week.
- Richard’s son-in-law, Greg, continues to live with COPD. Next month he will have cataract surgery.
- Cheryl’s dad has been a little more alert recently.
- Richard’s sister had a pacemaker placed in her heart this week.
- Kathi’s brother-in-law, Dave’s, hip is not healing well. He’ll have surgery in the future to repair it.
- Prayers for Dave Killen during the one-year anniversary of Donna’s death.
- Prayers for Joel’s mom, Sunny, following her surgery to place a shunt in her brain.