Hosting: Debbie & Phil on ZOOM.us
|January||Colorado Council of Churches||125|
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||425|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||320|
|March||COVID-19 Relief Support||9315.60|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||275|
|April||Dining In for Life||650|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 31)||225|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative – Safe Outdoor Space||532.27|
|September||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|November||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||700|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$11,227.57|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Shop for CVC’s temporary Safe Outdoor Space at https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/LBI9W196CTJA?ref_=wl_share – Set delivery address to Kathleen Van Voorhis.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our August 2 gathering will be hosted by Sherrill on Zoom.
- Our August 9 gathering will be hosted by Debbie and Phil on Zoom.
- Today we supported each other in personal struggles of lament.
Joys and Concerns:
- Prayers for all those suffering with COVID-19, for their caregivers and healthcare workers, and for those who are feeling the strain of being isolated.
- Cos and Kathi are still waiting for their house to be fixed up following the fire damage from their neighbor’s fire. The inside is completed, but the outside still has work to be done.
- Sherrill is very happy to have her “loaner cat” from Lisa. He’s giving her great companionship.
- Cheryl is celebrating joyous life events on Doretta’s side of the family – a new grandbaby and an engagement!
- Lisa’s daughter and son have been exposed to COVID-19 but are doing well. Lisa’s father will be coming for a visit, which is causing both joy and concern.
- Kristen’s son-in-law, Doug, is very ill with COVID.
- Alice is grieving the loss of their dog.
- Tory is joyful that nobody in her building has tested positive for COVID.
- Sherrill is very happy to be collaborating with Richard on writing his memoirs.
- Sherrill asks for continued prayers for a friend’s family.