Hosting: Richard on ZOOM.us
|January||Marshall Fire Relief Support (Week of Compassion and Other)||825|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||115|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving/Total Deposits – (As of June 30)||2640|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 20 & 27)||600|
|March||Ukraine Humanitarian Support||2946|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 10 & 17)||525|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 28)||679|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 29 & June 5)||300|
|June||Gun Violence Prevention/Education||805|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)||520|
|September||Alzheimer’s Association (Walk Sept 17)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 25 & October 2)|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items||405|
|Anti-Racism Support (As of June 30)||460|
|COVID-19 Relief Support / Food Bank (As of June 30)||1310|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our July 31 Host: Max (chapter 11) // Communion: Max
- Our August 7 Host: Judy (chapter 12) // Communion: Judy
- Our August 14 Host: Debbie (chapter 13) // Communion: Debbie
- Our August 21 Host: (chapter 14)
- Our August 28 Host: (chapter 15)
- Our September 4 Host: (afterward)
- Our September 11 Host: Debbie
- Our September 17-18: Retreat at the Stone House at Mother Cabrini Shrine
- Down to Earth: Cultivating Ecojustice through Ecospiritual Practices
- $70 per person
- Our September 25 Host: Debbie
- Our October 2 Host: Debbie
- Richard led us in our discussion of “Faith, Beliefs, and Revolutionary Love.” Phil M led us in communion.
Joys and Concerns:
- Phil Campbell is on his way to Atlanta to meet his new grandson, Marcus Russell Bale, born last Monday.
- Richard’s 91st birthday is Monday. His daughter, Diana, and foster daughter, Yolanda, were in town today to help him celebrate.
- Phil Munsterman reports that there will be 20 new teachers at Kipp this year, which is a huge professional development challenge. And to top it off, the AC isn’t working in the building.
- Sherrill will have a piece in an art show at Access Gallery on September 16. Additionally, she will submit her second book for publication once she completes athesynopsis.
- Cheryl’s neighbor’s brother died from suicide last week.
- Max shared the joy of making a tremendous difference in the wellness of one of his yoga students.
- Janet is taking some time away from Fireside to spend more time with family and caregiving.
- Gregory is tolerating chemotherapy better these days.
- Anne will have cataract surgery soon; she’s hopeful but anxious about the outcome.
- Tory receives the results of her mammogram this week.