Hosting: Sherrill and Lisa
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||345|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG Resource Center – food bank||335|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||335|
|July||Lutheran Social Services – kids packs||475|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|September||Women’s Homeless Initiative – South Broadway CC|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||700|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- LGBTQ+ Alliance
- Lutheran Social Services – Backpacks for Refugee and Immigrant Children
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our August 13 gathering is at Phil and Debbie’s home, 671 Olathe Way in Aurora.
- Our August 27 gathering is at Kim’s home, 9643 Timber Hawk Cr., #13 (says #2413 on the door) in Highlands Ranch.
- Our September 10 gathering is at Sherrill’s home, 1601 Colorado Blvd., in Denver.
- Sherrill led us in a discussion of an NPR podcast regarding people who have left the church but still get together to make connections and find community.
Joys and Concerns:
- It was a joy to have visitors here from Pueblo today! We welcome Marnie Leinberger, pastor of Milagro CC, and her friend and colleague, Karen, who is from a UCC church.
- Doretta has been diagnosed with gallbladder cancer. She sees a specialist on Monday and will have a better idea about next steps for treatment at that point.
- Sherrill has a brain aneurism, which doctors will keep under observation until her knee surgeries have been completed. Her first knee surgery will be August 7; the second one will be three months later, which will put the brain surgery in early 2018.
- Cookie is doing really well in her recovery from open heart surgery.
- Good thoughts and prayers for Phil’s sister, Carolyn, who has fostered her great nephew, Lance, since he was very little. Now that he has turned 18, he is going back to live with his dad.
- Lisa has begun the process of searching for a new house to buy.
- Kim requests continued prayers for discernment.
- Marnie requests prayers for Kathy and Gary from Milagro CC.