|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative – Cash||355|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||547|
|April||Dining Out For Life||523|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||325|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion – Keep Families Together||510|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home||5645|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||700|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Mark Johnston is recruiting members from each O&A church in the Central Rocky Mountain Region to serve on a CRMR committee to guide the work of O&A churches in supporting other churches in becoming O&A. Let Debbie know if you’d like to represent Fireside on the committee, which will meet approximately once a month via Google Hangout. Additionally, LGBTQ+ Alliance will have a table at Fall Feast in Casper.
- Our August 12 gathering will be at Cos and Kathi’s house, 10492 Carlile St., in Northglenn.
- Our August 26 gathering will be at Phil and Debbie’s house, 671 Olathe Way, in Aurora. We will share potluck.
- Reading some of our favorite scriptures from a variety of translations.
Joys and Concerns:
- Phil and Debbie welcomed their 6th grandchild, Adler Reed Gerkin-Brauer! Alice and Adler come home from the hospital today.
- Phil and Debbie’s nephew, Nolan, has recovered from surgery and is doing well at home!
- Ten-year-old Lucy’s body is rejecting her lung transplant. Her doctor and parents have decided to continue providing oxygen, medication, and comfort care, but will not use extraordinary measures to prolong her life. (Her parents, Ben and Marlena, are friends of Ellen and Joel, as well as former students of Phil. Fireside helped the family ten years ago when Lucy received her transplant.)
- Cheryl is going to Utah to visit a friend from school who is battling cancer.
- Richard’s son-in-law, Greg, (Jeri’s husband) has COPD and is being evaluated for hospice care.
- Chris Altman will have surgery this week to remove an enlarged lymph node. A biopsy will follow.
- Sherrill had a great book launch and thanks everyone for their help and support!
- Sherrill received a referral to Rocky Mountain Cancer Center. The good news is that she doesn’t have cancer, but instead, has chronic anemia. She will have therapeutic brood transfusions to treat it starting Wednesday.
- Richard will celebrate his 87th birthday on Wednesday! Happy Birthday, Richard!