Hosting: Debbie on ZOOM.us
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation – Over and Above Offering||275|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving/Total Deposits – (As of June 30)||1050|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||550|
|March||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (March 28/April 4)||400|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining in for Life||600|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 23)||350|
|June||CRMR Designated Offering for Reconciliation – and other Anti-Racism Support||750|
|June||DMF Giving Day||200|
|July||LGBTQ+ Alliance – Over and Above Offering||150|
|LGBTQ+ Alliance – Monthly/Annual Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)||300|
|September||Alzheimer’s Association (Walk Sept 19)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (October 2)|
|October/Dec||Tennyson Center – Over and Above Offering||200|
|Tennyson Center – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Regional Church – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)||600|
|Anti-Racism Support (As of June 30)||630|
|COVID-19 Relief Support (As of June 30)||1650|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- July 25 host: Richard’s birthday party in Cheyenne
- August 1 host: Debbie
- August 8 host: Debbie
- August 15 host: Debbie
- August 22 host: Debbie
- August 29 host: Debbie
- September 5 host: CRMR Regional Assembly
- September 12: Meeting at Phil and Debbie’s house and going hybrid!
- Debbie led us in our discussion of “Who Is My Neighbor?” Today, we focused specifically on the Tulsa Race Massacre.
Joys and Concerns:
- Phil and Debbie are traveling in southern Indiana.
- Thankfully, Richard does not need surgery for his rotator cuff tear, but recovery will take a long time.
- Cheryl’s mom fell, shattering several bones in her wrist and bending a metal plate that was placed there many years ago. Sadly, Cheryl had to cancel her trip to Alaska to remain close at hand if needed.
- Cos took Kathi outside for a few minutes this past week. Though Kathi seemed to enjoy it, Cos didn’t think Kathi knew who he was.
- Sherrill is excited about her new relationship with Sue.
- Gail is responding well to a new medication which is decreasing swelling in her brain and increasing her appetite.
- Cheryl went to Utah for the celebration of life for her childhood friend, Pat. Pat’s husband, Rich, is in need of prayers of comfort.
- Richard’s 90th Birthday Party is Sunday, July 25, at Diana’s house, 729 E. Prosser Rd., in Cheyenne. The party is an open house beginning at 1:00 with cake and toasts at 2:00.