Hosting: Phil and Debbie
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||25|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||650|
|March||Aurora Warms the Night – Food Kits and Motel Vouchers||473|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||425|
|May||Dining Out For Life||343.73|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||175|
|June||Colorado Village Collaborative|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|December||Aurora Warms the Night|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||700|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||7,733.03|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Advocacy for the Colorado Village Collaborative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid
- Our July 28 gathering is at Phil and Debbie’s home, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora. We will share potluck.
- Richard led our discussion of “Sinking: A Sermon in the Wake of Charlottesville” from Preaching as Resistance.
Joys and Concerns:
- Kathi is home from the hospital. Prayers for her and for the entire family as she recovers.
- Lorraine Bailey has been diagnosed with Epstein Barr.
- Sherrill fell while on stage at her conference. She returns home this evening.
- Prayers for Tori’s sister, Cookie.
- Lisa will be hosting a student teacher from China for the first four months of the school year.
- It was a joy to have Candise Woods with us today. Her ordination is just a few weeks away!
- Cheryl’s parents, both 96, are receiving 3 hours of home care daily.
- Sherrill’s friend, Lora, was in the hospital this week with pneumonia.
- Prayers for the search committees of Evergreen and South Broadway Christian Churches.
- Debbie and Phil thoroughly enjoyed their family trip to Yellowstone!