Hosting: Debbie on ZOOM.us
|January||Colorado Council of Churches||125|
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||425|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||320|
|March||COVID-19 Relief Support||9135.60|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||275|
|April||Dining In for Life||650|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 31)||225|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative – Safe Outdoor Space||344|
|September||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|November||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||700|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$11,127.57|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Shop for CVC’s temporary Safe Outdoor Space at https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/LBI9W196CTJA?ref_=wl_share – Set delivery address to Kathleen Van Voorhis.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Debbie shared our crafted prayer shawl blocks, and we discussed our symbols for lament and hope.
Joys and Concerns:
- Prayers for all those suffering with COVID-19, for their caregivers and healthcare workers, and for those who are feeling the strain of being isolated.
- Sherrill’s young friend, Star, lost her dad this week.
- Cheryl’s friend, Ann, had three good visits with her daughter. Cheryl is now quarantining.
- Phil and Debbie’s friend, Debi, was beaten while jogging. She is in serious condition.
- Sherrill’s friend, Deb, has been diagnosed with leukemia, as well as a heart condition.
- Sherrill is receiving less support from her aids, which is causing concern.
- One of the chef’s at Project Angel heart passed away this week.
- Prayers for Tory’s sister, Cookie, and Cookie’s friend, Gail.
- Kaye Murphey’s granddaughter, Kellen, is recovering from COVID.
- Sherrill’s friend is getting a new house!