Hosting: Janet on ZOOM.us
|January||Marshall Fire Relief Support (Week of Compassion and Other)||825|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||15|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving/Total Deposits – (As of June 30)||2640|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 20 & 27)||600|
|March||Ukraine Humanitarian Support||2946|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 10 & 17)||525|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 28)||679|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 29 & June 5)||300|
|June||Gun Violence Prevention/Education||805|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)||420|
|September||Alzheimer’s Association (Walk Sept 17)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 25 & October 2)|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items||405|
|Anti-Racism Support (As of June 30)||460|
|COVID-19 Relief Support / Food Bank (As of June 30)||1310|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our July 10 Host: Janet (chapter 8) // Communion: Janet’s YouTube video
- Our July 17 Host: Debbie (chapter 9) // Communion: Debbie
- Our July 24 Host: Richard (chapter 10) //
- Our July 31 Host: (chapter 11)
- Our August 7 Host: (chapter 12)
- Our August 14 Host: (chapter 13)
- Our August 21 Host: (chapter 14)
- Our August 28 Host: (chapter 15)
- Our September 4 Host: (afterward)
- Our September 11 Host: Debbie
- Our September 17-18: Retreat at the Stone House at Mother Cabrini Shrine
- Down to Earth: Cultivating Ecojustice through Ecospiritual Practices
- $70 per person
- Our September 25 Host: Debbie
- Our October 2 Host: Debbie
- Janet led us in our discussion of Doubt as Love.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill really enjoyed her writing conference. She pitched her new book to a publisher who asked to see the entire manuscript.
- Fireside was well-represented this morning as Phil M., Phil C., and Lisa all preached at various churches this morning.
- Cheryl will begin another interim ministry with Evergreen Christian Church. Like before, she will share ministry duties with Sondra Tilsley.
- Cheryl’s dad is becoming more agitated and taking more risks, which worries both his caregivers and Cheryl.
- Max will serve on his church’s search committee for a new minister.
- Diane Ashton remains in the cardiac care unit at Penrose Hospital in Colorado Springs. They may be moving forward with palliative care soon.
- Janet is grateful that Gregory was able to receive chemotherapy even though his doctor neglected to order a blood draw in advance. The doctor apologized, intervened, and treatment went forward.
- Phil M.’s kiddo’s girlfriend, Jasmine, who is a Dreamer, was able to return to Mexico and re-enter the United States legally.