Hosting: Debbie on Zoom.us
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||100|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 19 & 26)|
|March||The Nature Conservancy|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 2 & 9)|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 27)|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 21 & 28)|
|June||Food Bank of the Rockies|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|August||Disciples Mission Fund Giving Day|
|Alliance Q – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 24 & October 1)|
|October/Dec||Tennyson Center for Children|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving (November 12 & 19)|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas (December 17 & 24)|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items|
|Food Justice Support|
|Ecojustice / Creation Care Support|
|Housing Justice Support|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Interest Dispersed|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total Remaining – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and those who are afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- January 8: Planning for ecojustice learning and action
- January 15: Ecojustice – Food
- January 22: Ecojustice – Food
- January 29: Ecojustice – Food
- February 5:
- We began conversation around ecojustice and food today. Debbie shared some food facts in the form of a series of “WHEREAS”es for a resolution for the General Assembly of the Christian Church (DOC), which will take place July 29-August 1 in Louisville, KY. If we go forward with writing a resolution, it is due no later than January 30.
Joys and Concerns:
- Lisa’s grandmother passed away this past week. Lisa joined her family for the memorial service.
- Doretta’s granddaughter, Sarah, had her baby. Baby Millie and family are doing well!
- Evergreen Christian Church has a ministerial candidate visiting onsite this week.
- Janet celebrates that Gregory is holding his own; her brother, however, is facing some very serious health challenges of his own.
- Ann is doing better after a prolonged bout with bronchitis.
- Phil C. has a virus. Though it’s not COVID, it’s taking its toll.
- Tory’s friend, Eva, passed away this week.