Hosting: Debbie on Zoom.us
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||100|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 19 & 26)|
|March||The Nature Conservancy|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 2 & 9)|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 27)|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 21 & 28)|
|June||Food Bank of the Rockies|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|August||Disciples Mission Fund Giving Day|
|Alliance Q – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 24 & October 1)|
|October/Dec||Tennyson Center for Children|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving (November 12 & 19)|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas (December 17 & 24)|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items|
|Food Justice Support|
|Ecojustice / Creation Care Support|
|Housing Justice Support|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Amount Dispersed||834.38|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total Remaining – CC Foundation (December 2022)||$20,284.51|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and those who are afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- February 5: Colors of Hope, Introduction. Leader: Cheryl Communion: Cheryl
- February 12: Colors of Hope, Pink. Leader: Judy Communion: Sherrill
- February 19: Colors of Hope, Red. Leader: Communion:
- February 26: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- March 5: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Communion:
- March 12: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Communion:
- March 19: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Communion:
- March 26: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Sherrill Communion:
- April 2: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- April 9: HAPPY EASTER!
- April 16: Colors of Hope, Orange Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- April 16: Colors of Hope, Yellow Leader: Communion:
- April 16: Colors of Hope, Green Leader: Communion:
- April 16: Colors of Hope, Turquoise Leader: Communion:
- April 16: Colors of Hope, Blue Leader: Communion:
- April 16: Colors of Hope, Purple Leader: Communion:
- April 16: Colors of Hope, Rainbow Leader: Communion:
- We wrapped up our focus on food justice today. Debbie submitted our General Assembly Resolution Concerning Food Waste, Food Insecurity, and Environmental Justice following today’s gathering. Thanks to all who provided input and feedback along the way!
Joys and Concerns:
- Sandra will be taking a sabbatical beginning next week and concluding sometime after Easter. She’ll be following along with our study while she is absent.
- Cheryl is undergoing a stress test on Monday.
- Tory’s brother, Jim, and sister, Cookie, are talking again after a period of estrangement.
- Judy’s daughter-in-law is hoping to get word of a new job very soon.
- Evergreen Christian Church has called a new pastor who will begin in May.
- Bev backed needs a garage door repair, and hopefully, not a new garage door.
- Lifting up the tragic death of Tyree Nichols and continuing police violence.