Hosting: Debbie on Zoom.us
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||100|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 19 & 26)|
|March||The Nature Conservancy|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 2 & 9)|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 27)|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 21 & 28)|
|June||Food Bank of the Rockies|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|August||Disciples Mission Fund Giving Day|
|Alliance Q – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 24 & October 1)|
|October/Dec||Tennyson Center for Children|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving (November 12 & 19)|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas (December 17 & 24)|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items|
|Food Justice Support|
|Ecojustice / Creation Care Support|
|Housing Justice Support|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Interest Dispersed|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total Remaining – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and those who are afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- January 15: Planning for ecojustice learning and action – Food
- January 22: Planning for ecojustice learning and action – Food
- January 29: Planning for ecojustice learning and action – Food
- February 5: Colors of Hope
- Debbie shared more food facts regarding the carbon footprint of food production and waste, as well as the rate of deforestation of rainforests for the purpose of agriculture.
Joys and Concerns:
- Lisa’s family enjoyed a good gathering and celebration of life for her grandmother.
- Evergreen Christian Church extended a call to a potential pastor this week.
- Kristin Dunning at Evergreen has completed chemotherapy for colin cancer and will have a scan this week to determine how effective the treatment was.
- Sherrill’s friend, Megan, received the news that she has multiple tumors in her liver.
- Cookie had a CAT scan this past week and is awaiting the results.
- Janet highly recommends a book she is reading: Hope: A User’s Manual by MaryAnn McKibben Dana.
- Debbie presents her DMin project to her fellow students on Saturday.