|January||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter|
|April||Dining Out For Life|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|December||Aurora Warms the Night|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||100|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||7,733.03|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our January 27 gathering is at Sandra’s home, 15496 E. Louisiana Ave., Aurora. We will share potluck.
- Our February 10 gathering is at Sherrill’s home, 1601 Colorado Blvd., Denver.
- Our February 24 gathering is at the Phil and Debbie’s home, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora. We will share potluck.
- Our March 10 gathering – TBD.
- Our March 24 gathering – TBD.
- Our April 14 gathering is at Sherrill’s house, 1601 Colorado Blvd., Denver.
- We discussed “When I Kept Silent,” the prologue from Preaching as Resistance.
Joys and Concerns:
- Sherrill is feeling very depressed right now and needs our prayers.
- It was good to see Louise at Christmas.
- Cos had a wonderful father/son getaway to Calgary, Canada with Shaun.
- Phil will have eye surgery on January 24 to repair a hole in the macula of his eye.
- For federal employees, including Steve Daniels, Cheryl’s cousin, Jimmy, and Debbie’s niece, Christie, who are affected by the government shut down.