Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||320.00|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||200.00|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation (Deposits + Distribution 2017)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (2016 Year End Balance)||4522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion
- In May, Sherrill will lead a discussion of Blessed are the Crazy – Breaking the Silence About Mental Illness, Family and Church by Sarah Griffith Lund and Donald Capps. Sherrill will order the books.
- The musical duo of Stephanie and Luke will be at Evergreen Christian Church on April 8 to provide a benefit concert for the Tennyson Center.
- We discussed the new Mission First goal – to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable – by naming vulnerable groups and brainstorming how we could respond intentionally to advance justice. We will spend some time in reflection and prayer as we discern what just actions we will take as Fireside Christian Church.
Joys and Concerns:
- Bev Horn’s friend, Roberta, passed away yesterday. She was 107 years old.
- Doretta fell off a stepladder yesterday. Thankfully, she didn’t break anything!
- Cheryl’s parents celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary!
- Sherrill is working on her book again!