Hosting: Debbie on Zoom.us
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||100|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 19 & 26)||1200|
|March||The Nature Conservancy|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 2 & 9)|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 27)|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 21 & 28)|
|June||Food Bank of the Rockies|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|August||Disciples Mission Fund Giving Day|
|Alliance Q – Scheduled Giving Deposits (Through June 30)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 24 & October 1)|
|October/Dec||Tennyson Center for Children|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving (November 12 & 19)|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas (December 17 & 24)|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items|
|Food Justice Support|
|Ecojustice / Creation Care Support|
|Housing Justice Support|
|Health Justice Support|
|Gun Violence Prevention/Education Support|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Amount Dispersed||834.38|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total Remaining – CC Foundation (December 2022)||$20,284.51|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and those who are afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- February 19: Colors of Hope, Red. Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- February 26: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- March 5: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Communion:
- March 12: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Communion:
- March 19: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Communion:
- March 26: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Sherrill Communion: Debbie
- April 2: For the Beauty of the Earth, Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- April 9: HAPPY EASTER! Celebrate the day with family and friends!
- April 16: Colors of Hope, Orange Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- April 23: Colors of Hope, Yellow Leader: Judy Communion:
- April 30: Colors of Hope, Green Leader: Debbie Communion: Debbie
- May 7: Colors of Hope, Turquoise Leader: Sherrill Communion:
- May 14: Colors of Hope, Blue Leader: Communion:
- May 21: Colors of Hope, Purple Leader: Communion:
- May 28: Colors of Hope, Rainbow Leader: Communion:
- Debbie led our Colors of Hope study today on the Red + Life chapter. We talked about the coding we received in our early years, how we have resisted negative messages, and how we have reprogrammed ourselves through the love of community to be hopeful and courageous.
Joys and Concerns:
- Bev is very excited that her trans granddaughter is coming for a visit in July.
- Cheryl’s last day as our CRMR interim minister was Friday. She had a great time serving in this capacity but is happy to welcome Joan back and turn over the reins. Many thanks to Cheryl for her ministry and leadership during Joan’s sabbatical.
- Rev. Reginald Chapman’s wife, Lesley, passed away this morning after a long illness. We send love to Reggie, the family, and Lakewood Christian Church.
- Michael loved playing an ancestor in Smoky Hill High School’s production of The Addams Family.
- Ellen is recovering well from her surgery. She’ll be on health leave for about six weeks.
- Natalie is starting a new job on March 1. She’s very excited for the new opportunity.
- Lisa is planning a trip to California where she’ll visit Lorraine, as well as Max, Janet, and Cookie.