Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||184|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind (ongoing)||75|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative (ongoing)||20|
|March||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter|
|May||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost|
|July||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|September||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||200|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homelessness Initiative
- Colorado Village Coalition
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- We have opportunities to partner with South Broadway Christian Church for the Women’s Homelessness Initiative on the third Saturday of odd numbered months: January 20, March 17, May 19, July 21, September 15, November 17.
- Phil will transport items donated at Doretta’s birthday party from Punch Bowl Social to the Tiny Homes project – Beloved Community Village. Laura will distribute the donated items.
- Cheryl and Debbie will meet with Dustin Adkins of South Broadway Christian Church to discuss possible partnerships regarding peace and justice ministries.
- Ned Breslin, CEO of the Tennyson Center, briefly shared some updates, including their new program, No Kid Waits, and their work at Warren Village.
- Denny led us in a discussion of part 1 of Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City.
Joys and Concerns:
- It was a joy to have Ned Breslin with us today.
- Prayers for South Broadway and the O&A process.
- Doretta starts chemo again on Monday. She will have three more infusions, then they will do a scan to determine next steps.
- Kimberly started her job in Kentucky.
- Sherrill is recovering from surgery. She would enjoy occasional phone calls.
- Tory is feeling much better!
- Bruce has the flu.
- Cheryl’s parents are doing well.
- It was a joy to have Karen with us today. She is recovering well from gall bladder surgery. Her dad broke his ankle in September and is still recovering from the surgery.