Hosting: Sherrill and Lisa
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||565|
|March||Ansar Food Pantry||351|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG Resource Center – food bank||335|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||335|
|July||Lutheran Social Services – kids packs||475|
|August||Courage Classic – to benefit Children’s Hospital||565|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation||170|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner||6400|
|October||Ansar Food Pantry||75|
|November||Women’s Homeless Initiative – South Broadway CC||90|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving||245|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||1200|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homeless Initiative
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- We will begin a new focus on homelessness in January, both for study and for mission.
- We have opportunities to partner with South Broadway Christian Church for the Women’s Homeless Initiative on the third Saturday of odd numbered months: January 20, March 17, May 19, July 21, September 15, November 17.
- Our December 17 gathering will be at Phil and Debbie’s house. We will share potluck and celebrate Advent.
- Sherrill led us in a discussion of Hope, the theme for the first Sunday of Advent.
Joys and Concerns:
- Happy Birthday to Tory and Sherrill!
- Cheryl’s dad celebrated his 95th birthday!
- It’s a joy to have Bailey and Suzie visiting with us today!
- It’s a joy to have Bruce and Heather with us today!
- Sherrill is making great progress following her knee replacement surgery. She will have brain surgery in January to repair an aneurism.
- Kim is traveling to Kentucky this week for another church visit.
- Heather’s friend, Jessica, is fighting cancer. Please keep Jessica and her family in your prayers.
- Lisa has moved into her new house!