Hosting: Cheryl on ZOOM.us
|January||Colorado Council of Churches||125|
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||425|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||420|
|March||COVID-19 Relief Support||16,679.60|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||275|
|April||Dining In for Life||650|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 31)||225|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative||1,038.74|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation||525|
|October||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation (move to 2021)|
|October/Dec||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner||3150|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving||375|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas||450|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||1200|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)||2950|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our January 3 host is Sherrill.
- Our January 10 host is Richard.
- Our January 17 host is Cheryl.
- Our January 24 host is Debbie.
- Cheryl led us in a discussion of what we are leaving in the darkness and what we are taking into the light. Phil Campbell led us in prayer.
Joys and Concerns:
- Prayers for all those suffering with COVID-19, for their caregivers and healthcare workers, and for those who are feeling the strain of being isolated.
- Prayers for all those suffering the pain of injustice.
- Prayers for our democracy and our capacity to find common ground.
- Kathi’s sister, Shirley, is struggling with chemotherapy. Her white blood cell counts have been very low.
- Sherrill and Tory enjoyed their Christmas time together.
- Cheryl’s friend, Sherrie, is struggling with low blood cell counts and undergoing tests.
- Cos and Kathi are celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary today!
- Sherrill’s friend, Amel, lost her father, and because of COVID, cannot fly home to Algeria to be with him.