Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative – Cash||355|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||547|
|April||Dining Out For Life||523|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||325|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion – Keep Families Together||510|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home||6997|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation||200|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation||400|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner||6200|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving||325|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas||675|
|December||Aurora Warms the Night||515|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||1200|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)||1900|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||7,733.03|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our next study will be a book of sermons, Preaching as Resistance: Voices of Hope Justice, and Solidarity; edited by Phil Snider. We’ll begin using this resource in January.
- Our January 13 gathering is at Cheryl’s home, 65 W. Cedar, Denver.
- Our January 27 gathering is at Sandra’s home, 15496 E. Louisiana Ave., Aurora. We will share potluck.
- Our February 10 gathering is at Sherrill’s home, 1601 Colorado Blvd., Denver.
- Our February 24 gathering is at the Phil and Debbie’s home, 671 Olathe Wy, Aurora. We will share potluck.
- Our March 10 gathering – TBD.
- Our March 24 gathering – TBD.
- Our April 14 gathering is at Sherrill’s house, 1601 Colorado Blvd., Denver.
- We celebrated Advent and Christmas with an evening of Candlelight, Carols, and Communion.
Joys and Concerns:
- It is a joy to have all the kids here!
- Aiden has been accepted into the physical therapy program at Clark. He will have his doctorate in the next three years!
- Annie, an exchange student from Germany, is coming to live with Ellen and Joel during 2nd
- Lisa thanks everyone for prayers for her aunt and uncle. Lisa will be traveling to celebrate her grandmother’s 95th birthday!
- Cheryl’s neighbor, Anne, and her children are struggling with the loss of her husband/the kids’ father.
- Sherrill asks for prayers for work around her brain injury. It’s been eleven months since the surgery.
- Tory’s sister, Cookie, is heeling.
- Cheryl is missing Doretta.
- Debbie is missing her dad.
- Fourteen-month-old Mateo, nephew of Sherrill’s neighbor, is recovering from devastating injuries following a household accident in which he swallowed oven cleaner.