Hosting: Debbie and Phil
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||386.93|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||565|
|March||Ansar Food Pantry||351|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||270|
|April||Dining Out For Life – Project Angel Heart – April 27||494.22|
|May||CHARG Resource Center – food bank||335|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||335|
|July||Lutheran Social Services – kids packs||475|
|August||Courage Classic – to benefit Children’s Hospital||565|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation||170|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner||6400|
|October||Ansar Food Pantry||75|
|November||Women’s Homeless Initiative – South Broadway CC||90|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving||245|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas||460|
|December||Colorado Village Collaborative – Tiny Homes||415|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind||114|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||1200|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits + Distribution 2017 (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||4,522.20|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Women’s Homeless Initiative
- Colorado Village Coalition – Tiny Homes
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- We will begin a new focus on homelessness in January, both for study and for mission.
- We have opportunities to partner with South Broadway Christian Church for the Women’s Homeless Initiative on the third Saturday of odd numbered months: January 20, March 17, May 19, July 21, September 15, November 17.
- We will begin a book study of Evicted: Poverty and Profit in the American City by Matthew Desmond. Denny has volunteered to lead the discussion. Cheryl will check on prices and ordering options.
- Our January 14 gathering will be at Lisa’s new home located at 8636 Mariposa in Thornton.
- Our January 28 gathering will be at Sandra’s home. We will share potluck
- Debbie led us in a discussion of the four themes of Advent, Hope, Peace, Joy, and Love. We also lit the Christ Candle this evening.
Joys and Concerns:
- Congratulations to Doretta’s granddaughter, Rebekah, who graduated from CU Denver this week!
- Barbara’s mother passed away this week.
- Congratulations to Sherrill who announced her engagement to Karen Nilsson! They plan to have a Holy Union.
- Evergreen Christian Church will be hosting a Longest Night service. They will also be dedicating the fourth Sunday of every month to focus on mental health issues.
- Doretta’s latest CAT scan revealed shadows on her liver. She will undergo a biopsy on January 2 to determine a definitive diagnosis and plan for treatment.