Hosting: Phil and Debbie
|January||Tennyson Center – Operation Santa||284|
|January||Women’s Homelessness Initiative – In-Kind||80|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||370|
|February||Colorado Village Collaborative – In-Kind||376|
|March||Colorado Village Collaborative – Cash||355|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||547|
|April||Dining Out For Life||523|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||325|
|June||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion – Keep Families Together||510|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home||5645|
|August||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation||300|
|September||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|October||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||800|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation (ongoing)||6,645.18|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Colorado Village Collaborative – Build Doretta’s Tiny Home
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees and immigrants and provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities and special needs children
- to work for Human Rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religions, women, LGBTQ, etc.
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid.
- Our September 9 gathering will be at Sherrill’s house, 1601 Colorado Blvd., Denver. Cole Chandler from Colorado Village Collaborative will be our speaker.
- Our September 30 gathering will be at Bruce’s house, 2040 Hooker St. #H, Denver. We will share potluck.
- Our October 14 gathering is at Lisa’s house.
- Our October 28 gathering is at Debbie and Phil’s house, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora. We will share potluck, and Shelley McKittrick from the City of Aurora will be our speaker.
- We watched and discussed two video/audio pieces today: aTED Talk – A Penny Made Me Feel Like a Millionaire, and a story on Colorado Public Radio about the Colorado Village Collaborative.
Joys and Concerns:
- Zack, the child from Fort Morgan Christian Church whose parents we supported with food, is in high school now!
- Kaye Murphey is recovering slowly from her stroke.
- Lisa’s Uncle Bob is receiving chemo for pancreatic cancer. Aunt Pat had cancer, too, and is struggling to eat.
- Lisa’s dad is coming for a visit – both a joy and a concern.
- It was a joy to have Darrell with us today! His friend, Jim, is undergoing cancer treatment.
- Cheryl’s friend, Betty, is coming for a visit!
- Friday is Karen’s 45th birthday! She’s celebrating her own clean bill of health, as well as her dad’s recent positive reaction to antidepressants; he’s feeling much better!
- Donna Killen, a member of Evergreen Christian Church passed away unexpectedly. Her memorial service is September 15 in Evergreen.
- Alice and Philly B were here with Adler!
- Tory’s sister, Cookie, is doing well and has returned to teaching this fall!
- Sherrill is now mentoring a 17-year-old writer, a relationship that brings her joy; however, her family dynamics continue to bring her sadness and frustration.
- Bailey is beginning his last semester of high school!
- Aiden and Olivia made it safely back to school following their long drive from Alaska to Iowa!