|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||25|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||650|
|March||Aurora Warms the Night – Food Kits and Motel Vouchers||473|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||425|
|May||Dining Out For Life||343.73|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost||175|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative||1180|
|September||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|November||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|December||Aurora Warms the Night|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||800|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||7,733.03|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
Advocacy for the Colorado Village Collaborative – https://pages.donately.com/coloradovillagecollaborative/campaign/moving-forward
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the weak, and the afraid
- August 25 – Cheryl’s house, 65 W. Cedar, Denver. Potluck Sunday!
- September 8 – Phil and Debbie’s house, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora.
- September 22 – Sandra’s house, 15496 E. Louisiana Ave., Aurora. Potluck Sunday!
- October 13 – Sherrill’s house, 1601 Colorado Blvd, Denver.
- October 27 – Phil and Debbie’s house, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora. Potluck Sunday!
- November 10 –
- November 24 –
- December 8 –
- December 22 – Phil and Debbie’s house, 671 Olathe Way, Aurora. Potluck Sunday!
- Today’s discussion was chapter 12, “And God Hovered Over the Face of the Deep: Transgressing the Gender Binary” from Preaching as Resistance.
Joys and Concerns:
- Evergreen is sponsoring a blood drive Oct. 20. B091 is code to give them credit at another bank.
- Sherrill is struggling with pain and pain medication.
- Cookie was hospitalized for four days. She’s recovering at home now.
- Kristen and Steve are in Dallas meeting Steve’s grandson.
- Aiden has gone back to Iowa and is beginning graduate school.