Hosting: Sandra on ZOOM.us
|January||Marshall Fire Relief Support (Week of Compassion and Other)||825|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Over and Above||115|
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving/Total Deposits – (As of June 30)||2640|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion (Feb 20 & 27)||600|
|March||Ukraine Humanitarian Support||2946|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (April 10 & 17)||525|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining Out for Life (April 28)||679|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 29 & June 5)||300|
|June||Gun Violence Prevention/Education||805|
|July||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above||500|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)||520|
|August||Disciples Mission Fund Giving Day||100|
|August||Aurora Public Schools’ Educator Emporium||325|
|September||Alzheimer’s Association (Walk Sept 17)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (September 25 & October 2)|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|WHI/CHUM Collection Items||723|
|Anti-Racism Support (As of June 30)||460|
|COVID-19 Relief Support / Food Bank (As of June 30)||1410|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Items for WHI/CHUM.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our August 28 Host: Ann and Phil (chapter 15) // Communion: Ann and Phil
- Our September 4 Host: Cheryl (afterward) // Communion: Cheryl
- Our September 11 Host: Debbie
- Our September 17-18: Retreat at the Stone House at Mother Cabrini Shrine
- Down to Earth: Cultivating Ecojustice through Ecospiritual Practices
- $70 per person
- Our September 25 Host: Debbie
- Our October 2 Host: Debbie
- Sandra led us in our discussion of “Harmony as a Survival Strategy,” as well as communion.
Joys and Concerns:
- Janet and Gregory are grateful for the delicious chicken pot pies and for “Max Dash!” We are all grateful for Max Dash, too!
- In the midst of the stresses of finding a new home, Sherrill’s friend ran her first triathlon this morning.
- Judy will have her long-awaited, kidney stone blasting procedure on Wednesday. She’s also very happy to have received a new photo of her great nieces.
- Tory and Sherrill will participate in Wilderness on Wheels this Wednesday with a trip to Kenosha Pass.
- Max and Cookie commemorated Gail’s passing by enjoying Douglas Park, the ocean, and dining together at a favorite restaurant.
- Richard enjoyed a wonderful visit with his daughter and granddaughter as they did a practice drive in Denver.
Phil M. is very excited that Kipp’s boys soccer team is undefeated and very likely headed for State.