Hosting: Sherrill & Tory on ZOOM.us
|January||Colorado Council of Churches||125|
|January||Food Bank of the Rockies||425|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||320|
|March||COVID-19 Relief Support||9415.60|
|April||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter||275|
|April||Dining In for Life||650|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 31)||225|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative – Safe Outdoor Space||532.27|
|September||Fireside Legacy Fund Extra Offering – CC Foundation|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation|
|November||Tennyson Center – Denver Dinner|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Mountain Top Offering (ongoing)||800|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation Deposits This Year (ongoing)|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$11,227.57|
Current Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
- Shop for CVC’s temporary Safe Outdoor Space at https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/LBI9W196CTJA?ref_=wl_share – Set delivery address to Kathleen Van Voorhis.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
- Our August 2 gathering will be hosted by Sherrill and Tory on Zoom.
- Our August 9 gathering will be hosted by Debbie and Phil on Zoom.
- Today we watched a video from the Pretzel Pastor, an allegory comparing yeast to love and God’s call to share both with others.
Joys and Concerns:
- Prayers for all those suffering with COVID-19, for their caregivers and healthcare workers, and for those who are feeling the strain of being isolated.
- Cos and Kathi’s house will receive continued repairs this week following the fire at their neighbor’s house.
- Cheryl’s parents are in need of a new caregiver.
- Prayers for Judy, Grace, and Claire as they travel to Florida to visit Judy’s mother.
- Prayers for Lisa and family as they visit with her father.
- Tory’s sister, Cookie, is experiencing more heart
- Tory’s friend, Gail, has cancer.
- Phil and Debbie are celebrating their 45th wedding anniversary today.