Hosting: Debbie on ZOOM.us
|January||Fireside Legacy Fund – CC Foundation – Over and Above Offering||275|
|Fireside Legacy Fund – Scheduled Giving/Total Deposits – (As of June 30)||1050|
|February||Disciples Mission Fund – Week of Compassion||550|
|March||Disciples Mission Fund – Easter (March 28/April 4)||400|
|April||Project Angel Heart – Dining in for Life||600|
|May||Disciples Mission Fund – Pentecost (May 23)||350|
|June||CRMR Designated Offering for Reconciliation – and other Anti-Racism Support||750|
|June||DMF Giving Day||200|
|July||LGBTQ+ Alliance – Over and Above Offering||400|
|LGBTQ+ Alliance – Monthly/Annual Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)|
|August||Colorado Village Collaborative – Over and Above||450|
|Colorado Village Collaborative – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)||300|
|September||Alzheimer’s Association (Walk Sept 18)|
|October||Disciples Mission Fund – Reconciliation (October 2)|
|October/Dec||Tennyson Center – Over and Above Offering||200|
|Tennyson Center – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)|
|November||Disciples Mission Fund – Thanksgiving|
|December||Disciples Mission Fund – Christmas|
|CRMR Regional Church – Scheduled Giving – (As of June 30)||600|
|Anti-Racism Support (As of June 30)||630|
|COVID-19 Relief Support (As of June 30)||1650|
|Fireside Legacy Fund Total – CC Foundation||$15,102.91|
Ongoing Mission and Service Projects:
- Any contribution to support those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Any contribution to support anti-racism pro-reconciliation efforts.
Our Mission First Goal:
- to be a church that acts on God’s overwhelming call to respond with compassion to the vulnerable
- to educate ourselves and others about our life with undocumented people, refugees, and immigrants and to provide assistance as much as possible
- to address issues of health care, disabilities, and special needs children
- to work for human rights for all people, including Muslims, Jews, other minority religious groups, women, LGBTQ+, and more
- to remain committed to the poor, the hungry, the homeless, people with mental health issues, the uneducated, the powerless, and the afraid
- Our Zoom Socials will continue as desired every Wednesday at 6:00.
August 22 host: Debbie
- August 29 host: Debbie
- September 5 host: Virtual CRMR Regional Assembly. Sandra is our voting delegate.
- September 12: Meeting at Phil and Debbie’s house and going hybrid!
- Debbie led us in our discussion of “Who Is My Neighbor?” If we really want to get to know our neighbor, we need to consider cultural and class values to help us understand each other.
Joys and Concerns:
- Gail has entered hospice care at home. She is in and out of wakefulness and not in pain. Max is grateful for continued prayers for comfort and peace.
- One of the people at Cheryl’s parents’ residence has tested positive for COVID-19. Everyone is being tested and quarantining until further notice.
- Sherrill is struggling with her decision to go or not go to Kansas to visit her aunt, as some members of her family have asked her not to come.
- Please keep all the decision-makers (school boards, superintendents, and parents) in your thoughts and prayers as they struggle to consider how best to operate schools across the country during this new COVID surge.